We’ve lost 66% of search (which Amazon now controls). But we can fight for the remaining 34%.
As a retailer you can’t ignore Amazon. But is Amazon your BFF? Greatergoods.com story.
Shoppers are drowning in options. Sometimes having a clear message that matches the searcher’s intent is all that’s needed:
Amazon optimizes for reviews and the cheapest prices, meaning the two metrics they look at to determine the search results ranking are number of quality reviews and product price. If you offer a premium product and you know how Amazon ranks products, then you need to explain why your premium option is better in your product description.
Have you seen Amazon’s coupon checkbox on product pages? We haven’t seen this before, and after digging around Amazon some more we saw that this checkbox only exists on a handful of products. We suspect Amazon is taking advantage of buyer psychology by tapping into the shopper’s desire for control (Power tactic).
Amazon is full of millions of sellers. How can we stand out when Amazon page template is so restricted? We have an idea …
Understanding buyer psychology can fundamentally improve the performance of your Amazon listing. In this example, we talk about improving Enhanced Brand Content (EBC).
In this article we explore how to rank when competing on Amazon in a competitive category.
It’s 2019 and here are the 6 ways in which Amazon is terrible. If you want to compete against Amazon here are the 6 ways in which to do it.
We can’t force shoppers but we can certainly gently nudge them. If a visitor to your site leaves for your Amazon page you are basically paying an affiliate tax that was yours to keep. Can this be prevented? Let’s look at a product page on Headsets.com: They have an impossible to miss Buy from Amazon.com button. On click, you are …
Now that it’s the holiday season, we are seeing websites use many different strategies to increase conversions. Some of these strategies include special holiday sales, free holiday shipping, extended return and refund policies, and so on. While doing my Christmas shopping for one of my close friends, I decided to take some mental notes of my observations while on the …
Everyone is saying Amazon will gobble up independent retailers. But Amazon isn’t perfect. There are too many vendors listing the same product on its platform, which creates a poor buyer experience. Here is my story: Here is the Amazon listing page: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fever+tree+naturally+light+tonic+water&sprefix=fever+tree+%2Caps%2C198&crid=1EXDTAORECG8S
I know Amazon is a scary animal. But Amazon isn’t the end all of retail. Here is my personal story: Here is the product page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009B0WREM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You tell me if you see any mention of this being a Japanese language model.
I’m reading a book about Andrew Carnegie. Mr. Carnegie used a clever strategy to maximize productivity at his steel plants. He would pit plant against plant. You might be wondering, “How is what happened at a steel plant relevant here?“ I’m mentioning this because I believe you can use a similar strategy for your site. Let me explain … MDHearingAid.com …
The brain is a curious device. Who knows why it’s drawn to certain things and freaked out by others (go ahead and Google trypophobia). Marketers are always concerned with the Visibility of their page. One method that is beginning to be used more and more frequently is Novelty. But what is Novelty? Novelty is a design trick that is meant …
- Page 1 of 2