WHY OPTIMIZE NOW?
The world is changing. What worked in the past is now ineffective. That’s because how people discover, research and buy is constantly evolving. The data is clear on this. Here are some shifts we’re seeing:
- Mobile traffic has doubled but mobile conversions are still 50% lower than desktop.
- New visitors are exiting faster. They’re a lot less patient and carry sky-high expectations. We’re expected to be mind readers.
- Visitors are a lot more fidgety and distracted. We call this the “beagles on steroids” phenomenon (Bryan Eisenberg taught us that).
In this rapidly evolving environment, the only sure way to stay ahead is by constantly challenging the status quo.
And on top of it all, you’re busier than ever. When was the last time you had the luxury of time to A/B test your most important page?
BULLET-PROOF, BUYER PSYCHOLOGY
This focus on the quirkinesses of shopper behavior is what differentiates us from hundreds of conversion optimization agencies (some of which you may have worked with before).
Curious about buyer psychology? Test your instincts by taking this quick quiz:
Shoppers are emotionally driven creatures. Over the course of the past 9+ years and after conducting 300+ experiments, we’ve developed a core framework of 7 conversion tactics—data- and psychology-backed emotional triggers that influence shoppers to buy.
With our 7 core tactics, we’re able to leverage buyer psychology to improve conversions sustainably and profitably.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
We love helping clients unearth unconventional solutions that are 30% cheaper and 12% more effective.
We know clients do not want to:
- Resort to full redesigns to boost conversions.
- Limit the types of marketing ideas that can be tested.
- Increase ad spending to cover for lower site conversions.
- Bribe shoppers with discounts.
There is a better way . . .
WHY FRICTIONLESS COMMERCE?
Like a dog gazing at a bone, we’re laser-focused on buyer psychology. Understanding the invisible force that guides buy decisions is our life’s calling.
The success of our buyer-psychology driven approach comes from running 300+ A/B tests for 100+ e-tailers in the past decade. Instead of spitballing and seeing what sticks, we develop tests that are informed by our fine-tuned model.
The goal isn’t to change button colors. The goal is to influence purchase intent.
WHY WORK WITH AN OUTSIDER?
You’ve made incredible gains with your site. You’ve done this without outside help. Why should things be different now? Couldn’t you continue on your own? Absolutely. 80% of your future growth will be based on the marketing ideas you develop on your own. We just want to participate in the remaining 20%. What you get with us is an outside perspective. Has this ever happened: you took a vacation and 2 hours in you were hit by a flurry of excellent ideas? This happened because your context changed.
OUR PROCESS & FEES
System 1 and System 2 is a framework developed by Dr. Daniel Kahneman—a brilliant behavioral economist—to better understand buyer psychology.
System 1 is the intuitive part of the brain. It’s what is activated when you first think about anything.
System 2 is where analytical reasoning resides.
For 90% of the history of economics, it was assumed people were mostly rational (System 2). We now know our underlying assumption was totally wrong.
Understanding System 1 allows us to tap into the mind of the shopper.
We work in $5,000 projects. And each project has a guarantee to drive a 2x ROI in the first 90 days.
We handle all aspects and our fee covers the following: copywriting, test design, setting up the A/B test in Visual Website Optimizer (VWO—the split test tool we use), and reporting the test impact (in terms of conversions and $’s). The only thing you are responsible for is implementing the winning concept on your live site once the test ends and is declared a winner.
Answers to some possible questions:
1. What happens if a test idea fails? An interesting quirk of A/B testing is that the success rate for the first cut of a test is around 30%. The secret is dialing in the concept.
2. Can’t we nail the idea on the first attempt? We can try but statistically speaking that’s unlikely. The secret to A/B testing is fine-tuning the test concept. By the time we’ve made our 3rd tweak to a test, success probability jumps from 30% to 70%.
Also, from a cost perspective, it’s crazy NOT TO run a follow-up test. The initial part of test planning and setup is what’s most expensive. And this is precisely why we have fixed project fees. Whether we run 1 tweak or 5 you don’t pay one extra dime.
3. Why not just charge hourly? When we worked hourly we often couldn’t get to the 3rd iteration of a concept because with hourly work each iteration requires a budget request. With a fixed price model this isn’t an issue. If we can nail the test in the first shot, super. But if we need to make 5 sets of tweaks to get it just right, that’s on us. It’s covered in our flat fee. By keeping the price fixed we get to control the process and are held responsible for the final outcome.
4. What happens if the idea is bad and hurts conversions? If an idea is doing the opposite of what’s expected, then we’ll see that right away in the test data and press the brakes. So there is no chance of a bad idea continuing to hurt. On the other hand, there is a really good chance we’ll unearth another insight—a hidden gem.
While studying the mind of the shopper and running 300+ A/B tests for 100+ e-tailers, we’ve developed a framework of 7 core tactics that inform every decision we make.SEE OUR SECRET
We’re not a cookie-cutter agency and you’re not a cookie-cutter business. See our process in action to learn how we can come up with unique solutions for your unique problems.SEE OUR PROCESS
We’ve had the opportunity to work with amazing businesses from coast to coast. Perhaps the most important thing they tell us is that we bring a unique perspective to the table.SEE TESTIMONIALS
CAN WE HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
We’d love to speak with you to understand your business and your needs.
What do you say?LET’S TALK