Great landing page example from ThinkFastToys.com:
— The Google ad (highlighted)-
— The landing page-
The landing page gives quick bullets on why we should buy Hide & Seek Safari toys from this site. Competitive shoppers can quickly scan through the five benefits. Within scanning range is their BizRate rating, below that a customer testimonial and on top live chat. What I don’t like is the up-selling going on (left of the page). “Hide & Seek Safari Monkey” is a very specific query and I’d keep focus on that product.
One suggestion: monkey should be the highlighted product since that’s the key phrase that brought me to the site.
Brendan Regan’s post on how etailers should manage gift card redemption is so good I’m re-producing it verbatim (even the procrastination bit, which might seem out of place in this reproduction). The steps below illustrate the experience from a customer’s perspective:
1. Receive the card, note how much is on it.
2. Sometime between and 12/26 and 1/31, decide to redeem it (Made a New Year’s Resolution about procrastinating less).
3. Look on the back of the card for redemption instructions.
4. Following the instructions, type in the URL and land on a unique landing page or a microsite, 100% dedicated to gift card redemption. No distractions.
5. I can select the value of the gift card and be shown ONLY relevant price range items, or receive a few friendly suggestions of ways to spend the $, or find out how other shoppers have been spending their gift cards.
6. The checkout flow is customized to my unique task of checking out with a gift card.