— They still don’t let customers review products.
— Generic filter options – price, title and new. What about – most popular, biggest discount, most gifted, VHS, etc? They do have a Best Seller list but that sorts all titles, one can’t search best sellers within a category.
They have adopted the lowest common denominator with their eCommerce strategy. Here is what I would have asked before undertaking the 18 month redesign –
– Why do people shop at ShopPBS.com? Why should they?
– Is it fair to charge $30 for a DVD? And if we can’t control price how do we create rich experiences to offset price?
– For someone who bought previously do we provide an incentive to shop again? Do we guide this customer to a product related to their purchase history?
– Why not let customers watch DVD trailers?
– Should we create subcategories for the “Business Management” section? example – Strategy, Change, Inspirational leaders, etc.
– Does the same architecture make sense for every section? No. Business interviews are time-sensitive – There is a video on “Winning Customers Through Savvy Sports Marketing” with Gary D. Forsee (CEO – Sprint Nextel). The only problem is that Mr. Forsee has been ousted from the company.